Lake Derwent Water
5 days, Monday to Friday
£950 per person based on two people sharing a room
If the date you require is sold out, you can join our waiting list here.
Click on a date to reserve a room:
7th – 11th June – Fully Booked
21st – 25th June – Fully Booked
4th – 8th Oct – Fully Booked
Lake Derwent Water in the Northern Lake District is as pretty as it is dramatic. Surrounded by stunning scenery and home to sheltered coves and wildlife, it has much to offer. To its west rise the fells of Cat Bells. To the east is the fantastic viewpoint of Friar’s Crag, jutting into the lake. And its southern foot is the entrance to the beautiful Borrowdale valley.
Lake Derwent Water is Keswick’s local lake and only a ten-minute walk from the centre of town.
Nestled in the peaceful north-west corner of Lake Derwent Water our accommodation is literally on the banks of the lake, at the marina, and has wonderful views out across the lake to the drama of the surrounding mountains and fells of the Borrowdale Valley.
Inside, there is a spacious and comfortable lounge with views over the lake, and an open kitchen-diner where we can share a meal and discuss our adventures.
Outside, there is a sunny patio, with open views of the lake, providing a tranquil retreat after a day exploring the local area.
Depending on the date you choose to travel, there is a choice of bedrooms to suit your requirements.
7th June & 4th October:
There are two ground floor bedrooms available.
- Bedroom 1 is a twin room with ensuite shower*.
- Bedroom 2 is in an adjoined but separate studio, which has a double bed and ensuite shower*.
There is one downstairs twin bedroom at this property, with an ensuite shower.*.
*Not a wet-room, so there may be a step into the shower cubicle.
The Northern Lakes offer plenty of activities, whatever the weather. As some activities are weather, and social distance dependent*, we will decide our final itinerary closer to the holiday. We can choose from shore-side walks, boat rides on the lake, short walks on the fells, and we even have the option of some assisted on-site watersports. The sheltered coves and islands, along with an abundance of wildlife, make this a fantastic lake to explore by boat. So, if you love sailing, or just being on the water, this is the trip for you!
*We reserve the right to change the itinerary in line with any national Covid-19 guidelines or restrictions.
Who is this holiday for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh mountain air, love the lakes or would like to sail or experience a boat trip.
- People who are happy to be very near to open unfenced water.
- People able to cover a walk of up to half a mile.
- People who would like to share a holiday with 2 other holidaymakers (on 2 of the dates).
Need more support or options? Why not consider a tailored holiday instead?
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Ensuite bedrooms
- Private parking
- Patio with views
- Lakeside access
What is included?
The price you pay includes:
- 4 nights full board accommodation (Lunch and dinner included on the first day. Breakfast and lunch included on the last day).
- Complimentary soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- All activities and venue entrance charges.
- Meals in cafes and pubs as part of the planned itinerary.
- Transport during the holiday.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on location throughout the holiday.
- Pre and post booking support.
- One free photobook per booking
Select a date to make a reservation request today!
Before you make a reservation, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Terms & Conditions.
Please note, that because of the limited number of places, we ask that you only book one holiday per year.
Deposits are £200 per room. We require full payment two months before the holiday. If you need to spread the cost of your holiday, talk to us about a payment plan.