Goldhanger creek on the Blackwater estuary offers a peaceful landscape to relax and unwind by the water. Watch the birds take flight and follow the boats exploring the riverscape. Spotting the many species and their activities will lift your mood and add to your enjoyment, even if you are not a keen birdwatcher.
Have a leisurely stroll along the seawall, taking in the views of Osea Island across the water and boosting your well-being by connecting with the surrounding environment. We will support you to get the most out of your visit.
- Stroll along the seawall and enjoy the feel of the fresh air on your face.
- Sit and take in the views across the water and listen to the birds.
- Enjoy the company of others and the opportunity for someone else to take the lead.
- Bring your picnic lunch to enjoy together.
Who is this for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh air and experience being by water .
- People who can walk half a mile, and/or wheelchair users (please bring your own).
- People who are comfortable in sharing a trip with another person living with dementia and their companion.
What is included?
- Pre and post booking support.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on the day.
- Accessible parking.
What is not included?
- Picnic lunch.
- Toilets (although there is a local pub).
- Transport to the meeting point. Please speak to us if you need help in getting there.
Select a date to reserve your trip today!
These trips are to support people to find the confidence to get out by themselves. To enable us to support as many people as possible, we ask you to only book one supported day out.