You don’t have to be a gardener to enjoy this stunning variety of garden landscapes as there’s something for everyone. From the perfumed rose garden, to the colourful herbaceous borders to the Queen Mother’s garden. Hyde Hall offers a relaxed and peaceful space.
Spot the fish in the tranquil ponds, learn about crops from all corners of the globe in the vegetable garden and enjoy the charm of the cottage garden.
Set in a landscape of rolling hills with panoramic views, the gardens give everyone the opportunity to enjoy some fresh air through thoughtful planning of accessible pathways.
There are many opportunities to stimulate the senses and boost well-being by connecting with nature and the outdoors. We will support you to get the most out of your visit.
- Stroll around the different gardens and take in the sights and smells.
- Sit to admire the colours of the season.
- Go barefoot and enjoy the feel of the luscious green lawns on your toes.
- Enjoy the company of others and the opportunity for someone else to take the lead.
- Bring your picnic lunch to enjoy together.
Who is this for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh air and experience the beauty of this floral spectacle.
- People who can walk half a mile (for the hilltop garden), and/or wheelchair users (please bring your own).
- People who are comfortable in sharing a trip with another person living with dementia and their companion.
What is included?
- Pre and post booking support.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on the day.
- Accessible toilets.
- Accessible parking.
What is not included?
- Entry fee (free for RHS members and carers only).
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport to the meeting point. Please speak to us if you need help in getting there.
Select a date to reserve your trip today!
These trips are to support people to find the confidence to get out by themselves. To enable us to support as many people as possible, we ask you to only book one supported day out.