Langdon Hills Country Park has wonderful ancient woodlands dating back to prehistoric times, with flower-rich grassland meadows. The park has been consistently awarded the Green Flag Award, the national standard for parks and green spaces. With a network of accessible footpaths in the Westley Heights area you can meander through nature and take in the sounds of the wildlife and enjoy stimulating all of your senses
Our team will support you to get the most out of your visit to this country park at your own pace.
- Walk amongst the trees to heighten your senses and boost your wellbeing
- Stroll around the open meadows.
- Sit and take in the sights and sounds of the peaceful woodland, while admiring the scale and structures of the ancient trees.
- Enjoy the company of others and the opportunity for someone else to take the lead.
- We’ll be there over lunch, so bring your picnic lunch to enjoy together.
Who is this for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh air and experience the beauty of natural woodland.
- People who can walk half a mile, and/or wheelchair users (please bring your own).
- People who are comfortable in sharing a trip with at least one other person living with dementia and their companion.
What is included?
- Pre and post booking support.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on the day.
- Accessible toilets.
What is not included?
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport to the meeting point. Please speak to us if you need help in getting there.
Select a date to reserve your trip today!
These trips are to support people to find the confidence to get out by themselves. To enable us to support as many people as possible, we ask you to only book one supported day out.