Markshall Estate is in the heart of the Essex countryside and offers a variety of landscapes. It’s the perfect place to relax and unwind surrounded by serene scenery. Discover over 1,000 years of history, explore ancient woodland and visit new continents in its world-class Arboretum.
Set in a conservation landscape surrounding the former Mansion House, you’ll experience a wonder for the senses in the walled garden that contains five separate gardens with a mix of beautiful shapes and fragrant planting.
While you’re there, you can enjoy the changing structures of the ancient woodlands, home for many species of wildlife, and the tranquility of the ornamental lakes.
There will be many opportunities to stimulate the senses and boost well-being by connecting with nature and the outdoors. We will support you to get the most out of your visit.
- Journey through the Walled Garden and take in the colour and scent of a magnificent variety of flora.
- Feel at peace as you stroll alongside the lakes.
- Enjoy the company of others and the opportunity for someone else to take the lead.
- Bring your picnic lunch to enjoy together.
Who is this for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh air and experience the freedom of escaping into nature.
- People who can walk half a mile, and/or wheelchair users (please bring your own).
- People who are comfortable in sharing a trip with another person living with dementia and their companion.
What is included?
- Pre and post booking support.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on the day.
- Accessible toilets.
- Accessible parking.
What is not included?
- Entry fee (free for members and carers only).
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport to the meeting point. Please speak to us if you need help in getting there.
Select a date to reserve your trip today!
These trips are to support people to find the confidence to get out by themselves. To enable us to support as many people as possible, we ask you to only book one supported day out.