Based at Butterfly Lodge in the heart of the Essex countryside, a visit to Wellies On will feed all your senses with the sights and smells of a working farm. With their collection of friendly animals both big and small you will be able to participate in some of the tasks involved in the everyday running of the farm. If you prefer, you can take joy in their wonderful antics and get up close for a friendly chat.
Our team will support you to get the most out of your visit to this working care farm where you can get involved in as much or as little as you like.
- Help with the milking of the dairy goats
- Listen to the chickens merrily clucking and feel their soft feathers
- Meet the pygmy goats and their young
- Feed the farm pigs and sheep
- Stroke the horses
- Cuddle the guinea pigs
- Enjoy the company of others and the opportunity for someone else to take the lead
- We’ll be there over lunch, so bring your picnic lunch to enjoy together
Who is this for?
- People who want to enjoy the fresh air and experience the sights and smells of a woodland in a Country Park.
- People who can walk half a mile, and/or wheelchair users (please bring your own).
- People who are comfortable in sharing a trip with at least one other person living with dementia and their companion.
What is included?
- Pre and post booking support.
- Support from the Dementia Adventure team on the day.
- Accessible toilets.
What is not included?
- Picnic lunch.
- Transport to the meeting point. Please speak to us if you need help in getting there.
Select a date to reserve your trip today!
These trips are to support people to find the confidence to get out by themselves. To enable us to support as many people as possible, we ask you to only book one supported day out.