These positive, inspirational, free events are particularly beneficial to unpaid and informal carers, as well as professionals.
The events are delivered by our team of qualified and experienced trainers, are regionally focused and specifically designed to be convenient to attend for a diverse range of individuals and organisations.
We provide information to help people to ‘think differently about dementia’ and to:
- Understand it and the common symptoms
- Continue to see the person (not the condition)
- Receive strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learn how to connect with loved one using practical tips
- Learn the benefits of contact with nature and the outdoors
- Network with local support organisations and other family carers
- Have the opportunity to ask individual questions and receive a copy of our helpful information pack.
Feedback from previous events:
This course will help me to encourage people to do what they love doing and promote independence.
Wish it was longer—love to learn more, 11 years of training this was the best.
Wonderful to spend the day with people who are so positive about dementia. I have been so inspired by the day. Thank you!
Really inspired… A great day of sharing ideas: the room was buzzing.
Family Carers Seminars
Are you a family carer or supporting someone living with dementia? Do you want to know more?
We are running a series of Family Carers Seminars around the UK. These free events are designed for family carers, informal carers or others supporting people living with dementia.
Please see below for the dates of our next seminars: