Are you a caring for, or supporting, someone living with dementia, in an unpaid capacity? These ‘positive and inspiring’ dementia skills sessions are designed to equip people to think differently about dementia and empower those who support others.
Our Dementia Skills Sessions are delivered by our team of qualified and experienced trainers.
We provide information to help people to ‘think differently about dementia’ by:
- Understanding dementia and the common symptoms
- Continuing to see the person (not the condition)
- Receiving strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learning how to connect with loved one using practical tips
- Learning the benefits of contact with nature and the outdoors
- Networking with local support organisations and other family carers
- Having the opportunity to ask individual questions and receive a copy of our helpful information pack.
Dementia Skills Sessions are FREE to attend. Book your place below.
Feedback from previous events:
This course will help me to encourage people to do what they love doing and promote independence.
Wish it was longer—love to learn more, 11 years of training this was the best.
Wonderful to spend the day with people who are so positive about dementia. I have been so inspired by the day. Thank you!
Really inspired… A great day of sharing ideas: the room was buzzing.
Dementia Skills Sessions
Book your free place at a Dementia Skills Session by selecting one of the events below and clicking on the ‘More Information’ button.
There are a very limited number of spaces available for professionals, please call the office if you are a professional and wish to attend on 01245 237548.