Are you caring for, or supporting, someone living with dementia, in an unpaid capacity? These ‘positive and inspiring’ dementia skills sessions are designed to equip people to think differently about dementia and empower those who support others.
Our Dementia Skills Sessions are delivered by our team of qualified and experienced trainers.
We provide information to help people to ‘think differently about dementia’ by:
- Understanding dementia and the common symptoms
- Continuing to see the person (not the condition)
- Receiving strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learning how to connect with loved ones using practical tips
- Learning the benefits of contact with nature and the outdoors
- Networking with local support organisations and other family carers
- Having the opportunity to ask individual questions and receive a copy of our helpful information pack.
Dementia Skills Sessions are FREE to attend. Book your place below.
Feedback from previous events:
This is something everyone living with a relative with dementia should attend.
I feel so much more positive leaving the session than when I walked through the door.
It’s made me feel less alone and more optimistic on this journey.
Dementia Skills Sessions
Book your free place at a Dementia Skills Session by selecting one of the events below and clicking on the ‘More Information’ button.
There are a very limited number of spaces available for professionals, please call the office if you are a professional and wish to attend on 01245 237548.