Are you a family carer or supporting someone living with dementia? Our positive, inspirational, FREE events are particularly beneficial to unpaid family carers supporting someone living with dementia.
These family carer events are delivered by our team of qualified and experienced trainers, are regionally focused.
We provide information to help people to ‘think differently about dementia’ and to:
- Understand it and the common symptoms
- Continue to see the person (not the condition)
- Receive strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learn how to connect with loved one using practical tips
- Learn the benefits of contact with nature and the outdoors
- Network with local support organisations and other family carers
- Have the opportunity to ask individual questions and receive a copy of our helpful information pack.
Feedback from previous events:
This course will help me to encourage people to do what they love doing and promote independence.
Wish it was longer—love to learn more, 11 years of training this was the best.
Wonderful to spend the day with people who are so positive about dementia. I have been so inspired by the day. Thank you!
Really inspired… A great day of sharing ideas: the room was buzzing.
Family Carers Events
Are you a family carer or supporting someone living with dementia? Do you want to know more?
These free events are designed for family carers, informal carers and others supporting people living with dementia in an unpaid capacity. There are a limited number of spaces available for professionals, please call the office if you are a professional and wish to attend on 01245 237548.
CORNWALL EVENTS: Both events in will be running sessions for people living with dementia for the duration of the family carers event, to allow carers the ability to attend. Please book a place for these sessions with the venue directly (click ‘more information’) for venue contact details.