Training For Outdoor Experiences and Sensory Walks
Are you an organisation, member of staff or a volunteer who would like to know more about creating inclusive outdoor experiences and sensory walks?
Our online Outdoor Experiences and Sensory Walks training programme aims to build confidence and develop skills and strategies for volunteers who support outdoor events and walks for people living with dementia and their caregivers.
The training focuses on how to:
- Enable independence.
- Provide a social experience.
- Provide a multi-sensory experience.
- Recognise support needs specific to sensory sensitivity and processing.
Our training supports inclusion and recognises that everyone has something to offer.
The training consists of:
- Thinking Differently About Dementia (1.5 hour webinar)
- Planning Sensory Stroll and Outdoor Experiences (1.5 hour webinar)
- Support for self-led practical sessions.
- Optional follow up networking meeting.
We will use a mixture of slide presentation, video clips (providing perspective from people living with dementia), practical exercises, and facilitated Q & A time.
The webinars will be delivered via Zoom.
To find out more about this training for your organisation or teams of volunteers please call 01245 237548, or contact us.
“Thanks for a really enjoyable, useful session! Have now got lots of ideas and feel much more confident about contacting one or two local groups to start the ball rolling here.”